Explore with Lunar
With so many apps and tools at our fingertips, we can easily take for granted our ability to plan out trips in great detail. From our homes to a new destination, knowing where we’re going, how long it will take, the must-see stops en route, and where you can plan a quick pit stop to refuel and restock, technology has made it unerringly simple. But what if that trip extends beyond earth’s atmosphere and into space? How do you discover what it takes to chart a path to do what hasn’t been done since Apollo 17? Enter Lunar, your guide to how we return humanity to the moon, the well-orchestrated missions it takes to get there, and the phenomenal feats of engineering required to build a genuinely sustainable lander that will power space exploration and the space economy for decades to come.
The generation-defining technology that will take the first woman and next man to the surface of the moon is demonstrated in Lunar, our augmented reality (AR) experience that leads you on a virtual trip to the moon, exploring our human landing system (HLS) in detail like never before. You can jump into Lunar by clicking the button below or visiting lunar.dyneticshls.com on your mobile device.
Want to know more? Continue reading for further detail on what to expect, alongside tips and tricks for the best experience.
What to expect in Lunar
Like a road trip guidebook for space travel, mission mode highlights the key milestones as HLS travels from earth to the surface of the moon and back. From the critical phases of flight to docking, descent, and a sustainable approach that enables multiple landings, we help you understand the full mission.
Dive into a hands-on experience with HLS, including the ability to have HLS land in your home through the magic of augmented reality. Visualizer demonstrates what sets our human landing system apart, allowing you to pinch, tilt, and zoom in 360º to see the Dynetics solution for delivering the first woman and next man to the moon up close.
Don't forget to hit the AR icon while you're there!
Tips for use
1. To get the full experience, open lunar.dyneticshls.com on your mobile device or tablet, or scan the QR code below using the device's camera.
2. A device under 4-years old will let you launch augmented reality and see our human landing system in your world. We encourage you to use the default browser on your device, particularly if you arrived here from social media.
3. No mobile device? Don't worry! The majority of the experience will function well on whatever you happen to be using to read this page, perhaps just without the augmented reality.
4. Like w hat you see and want to return to the app at a later date? Add it to your home screen:
5. Throughout your experience, tutorials will provide tips and tricks to get the most from our augmented reality experience. Selecting the Dynetics logo in the top left of the screen will always take you back to the beginning of the Lunar experience.
Credits: Selected footage in Mission Mode is included with thanks to Ball State University, IDIA Lab, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, and United Launch Alliance.